Eremo dei Camaldolesi

On the top of Mount San Giorgio in Bardolino, a promontory that dominates the eastern shore of Lake Garda, stands the Hermitage San Giorgio.

Founded in 1663 and completed in 1704 with the construction of the church, it was temporarily abandoned during the Napoleonic suppression in 1810, while it was permanently rehabilitated by a Camaldolese community from 1885 to the present day.

The Hermitage is inhabited by hermit monks even today, but it can still be visited in respect of silence and sacredness.

Contrada la Rocca, 1
Bardolino 37011 Veneto IT
Get directions